Saturday, March 3, 2012

Busy Week

Well, I definitely have failed to blog every day this past week.  This past week was very busy, full of preparation for conferences, entering third quarter grades, a field trip, and celebrating Dr. Seuss' 108th Birthday.
Conferences are an integral part to teaching.  I find conferences a great way interact with not only my students but with the parents of my students on a deeper level.  I love having the opportunity to explain the successes of my students, as well as, how my students can improve.  Each student has special gifts and talents to offer to the classroom.  I must say as a teacher, I definitely appreciate all of the diversity my class has to offer.  My students can bring a smile to my face every day, whether it be from a heartfelt answer to a question, or adding some comic relief to the day.
This week my class went to Fontanelle Forest.  My students had a great time learning about consumers, producers, and decomposers.  My students then had the chance to walk the trails of the forest and search for consumer, producers, and decomposers.  My students were able to compile quite the list and the students definitely enjoyed being outdoors.  The students then got a much needed chance to run around and play on an interactive wooded playground.  A group of our 4th Grade Students built a Beaver Dam using the sticks provided.
When we returned from the field trip we had a guest reader to commemorate Dr. Seuss' birthday.  Our guest reader read, The Lorax.  We then had a read and feed in which the students were given a Dr. Seuss bookmark, wrist band, and a sucker.  Overall, it was a great, but busy week.  Until next time, stay safe.

Mr. Dawson 

No comments:

Post a Comment